Home European Citizenship The Cheapest, Easiest Second Residency in the World?

The Cheapest, Easiest Second Residency in the World?

What is the cheapest easiest second residency in the world?

Getting one doesn’t have to be ridiculously difficult, especially if you know where to go. Andrew talks about one country in particular where you can turn your tourist visa into a 1-year business visa, which is renewable.

That visa will allow you to live and work freely there, and you only have to pay a few hundred bucks to obtain it.

It’s easy and cheap and it will help you have a plan B in case you ever need one.


Andrew Henderson is the world’s most sought-after consultant on legal offshore tax reduction, investment immigration, and global citizenship. He works exclusively with six- and seven-figure entrepreneurs and investors who want to “go where they’re treated best”.

Work with Andrew:

Andrew has spent the last 11 years studying and personally implementing the Nomad Capitalist lifestyle, and has started offshore companies, opened offshore bank accounts, obtained multiple second passports, and purchased real estate in a total of 20 countries.

He has also spent years creating a behavior-based system that helps people get the results they want faster and with less resistance. Andrew believes that everyone can use offshore strategies to keep more of their own money, live a life of freedom, and grow their wealth faster.

About Andrew:
Our website:
Buy Andrew’s book:

DISCLAIMER: The information in this video should not be considered tax, financial, investment, or any kind of professional advice. Only a professional diagnosis of your specific situation can determine which strategies are appropriate for your needs. Nomad Capitalist can and does not provide advice unless/until engaged by you.


- Advertisement -portugal citizenship by investment
Stay Connected
Must Watch
Related News


  1. 1. Apply for the E-type (Ordinary) Visa on arrival, $35, valid for 1 month only.

    2. Take your passport to a visa agent and apply for the relevant EOS (Extension of Stay).

    ER EOS = Retirement
    1,3,6,12 month options
    No supporting documentation is required if aged 55+.

    EB EOS = Business
    1,3,6,12 month options
    Official letter of employment from Cambodian registered business required if employee.
    Official letter of employment, business license & tax patent required if you're a business owner.
    Work Permit required as supporting documentation for 1 & 3 mth options.

    Once you obtain an EB EOS you are also required to obtain a Work Permit.

    EG EOS = General
    1,3,6 month options
    No supporting documentation is required.

    ES EOS = Student
    1,3,6,12 month options
    Official letter from Cambodian registered educational institute and proof of sufficient funds required.

    Note: Only 6 & 12 mth EOS options are valid for multiple entry/exit.

  2. Actually, I lived there for nearly 4 years but, sadly, the visa rules changed in (I believe) late 2017. If you are over 55, you can still just keep renewing like that (for years and years). But, they don't automatically renew business visas for younger people anymore. To get around that, loads of people teach English, get a required health test for a work permit and stay for ages and ages. I already miss it, but the quality of health care can be spotty, often necessitating trips to Thailand or Vietnam for long term expats.

  3. Thanks for that Mike. The election has happened, and as far as I'm aware, there has not been one shot fired by anyone over it. However, in order to get the work visa, that I was on for years, now you need a supporting letter from some place of work, Or they will not renew that visa. Fortunately for me, once you get to age 55, the retirement visa, is very easy to get here. But the best advice to getting it, is to get it from the work visa… Stupid? Well, this is Asia! You get a one month working visa at the airport, you tell them you don't have a job now, but you will get one soon. Then you get the retirement visa, from the work visa. Tourist visa, are only tourists visas in Cambodia, they won't renew or convert them to any other visa. At the airport, you can renew a tourist visa once, after 2 months, It's good bye or pay $15 a day for overstaying.

  4. EASIEST? Are you sure? This electronic residence card is simply a case of sinister e-bureaucracy. I got one and it never worked (not compatible with this browser, not compatible with that computer and so it goes; if you are an apple user just forget it) and nobody could help me. It is a fallacy to believe that once you digitise something all problems disappear, on the contrary. I learned the hard way that behind a super modernised facade you deal with entrenched Soviet style bureaucracy, utterly hostile to the user.

  5. Hi..I was study in Philippines for 6 years and just graduated here..I do locked up with racist immigration and people to Don't issues me residence even after living here for almost 7 years!..please someone give me advice if I can easy move to Cambodia and become residence for all purpose used this business visa?

  6. Not all nationality can stay in Georgia for 1 year. Check their e-visa it will tell you. Also depending on your residency how long you can stay there. Minimum property requirement is $35,000 usd for a one year resident visa.

  7. Thank you for providing great informative contents!!
    I am a Canadian citizen living in Canada now. I am going to set up a small size of medical travel agency company in Estonia and to move to South Korea to reside and business. In my case, how should I pay myself? Would it be better to set up another company in South Korea or Canada? Guys! any comments?

  8. Andrew, if a US citizen has a legal permanent residency visa in another country but visits the US for 2 months per year, can they still qualify for the IRS foreign income tax credit? How about if their earned income is deposited in a US bank? How about if said income deposited in foreign bank? Do you offer a 30 minute free consultation to see if your consult is a good fit? I am not rich is your consult affordable?

  9. OK. Stop and read this. I have lived in Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and Thailand. The essence of what this young man is saying is true. But I will make some things clearer. First off, you must fly into Cambodia, not take a bus. Then when you arrive at the airport you must ask for an "ordinary or business visa". NOT a tourist visa. If you arrive by bus you can only get a tourist visa. You CANNOT change the tourist visa into a business visa once you are in the country. The ordinary or business visa is $5 more than the tourist visa. It is good for 30 days. Then you can take it to a travel agent and they can renew that visa for one month, 3 months, 6 months or one year. It's up to you. The one month and I'm not sure, but maybe even the 3 month visa will not allow multiple entry if you want to get away to Thailand or Laos for a weekend. The 6 month and one year are multiple entry visas. Now you may run into a problem because although you have a business visa now you must still get a work permit to work. Your employer can make those arrangements for you. That work permit fee is $100 USD. Another problem is that the police may come around if you are not working and ask for your work permit. Even if you are not working you must have a work permit to stay more than 30 days. They can fine you $125 per year for not having a work permit even though you are not working. This happened to me and I called my embassy because I thought I was being shaken down by the police and the embassy told me to pay the fine. I know some restaurant owners who had to pay this fine 7 years in arrears! Some people will argue that you do not need this work permit if not working and you might not get busted for it but you should either apply for it or save enough money to pay the fine. Still, having said all that, Cambodia is a great place with great people. I live in Mexico now but Cambodia will always be my home. The Temples of Angkor are a must see. One last warning. There will be another election this year on July 29. 2018. It will be rigged again and there could be bloodshed. Think about that.

  10. Follow you guys like a religion – Huge thanks for being you and true to "your calling" ..I get tired of all of the weird cheezy things that are said concerning those of us that desire "Sovereignty" of our lives / life-style / finances…

  11. i was in cambodia in 2007, great country, friendly people cheap to live, i was in sihanoukville, the beach capital, very very nice
    sihanoukville is mostly british, english speaking germans, austrailian, french canadian, business owners, its a paradise, i went to viet nam also for 10 days, lots of good food and business oportunitys !!!!!!!!!!!
    ill be in touch.

  12. Thailand requires you to leave the country every 90 days to apply for a new Tourist Visa.

    While applying for a new visa you should always show a Bank Statment to prove youre not working illegally in Thailand and that you have an income to Support yourself.

    if this is uncomfortable for you to do every 90 days than Cambodia's ordinary visa is the supperior option.

  13. Invaluable information! I'm from the US & have been researching a move to Southeast Asia. Unfortunately Thailand turned out to be way too complicated pre retirement age. Keep up the great work


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here