📧 I am happy to help with your visa and citizenship options. Please contact me through the details here:
✅️ Check out my other videos in this series here: #eb5regionalcenter #investorvisausa 👍
Regional Centre EB5 Visa: 10 Steps to get your Greencard? #eb5regionalcenter This video series covers everything you need to know to get investor visa to the US. I go through every step of the process and highlight important details you need to know to get EB5 or E2 visa and become us investor visa or Greencard holder.
EB5 in 10 Steps:
1. The first step is deciding whether to invest directly or in a regional centre. So if you invest in the US directly then you will need to own and manage the business and ensure that a minimum number of jobs is maintained. 10 jobs have to be maintained.
2. So the second stage if you do want that passive route and you want to invest at the 500,000 level, is to choose a EB-5 project to invest in. Some of the key considerations in doing this are the asset class, the location and the rate of return.
3. The third stage is to start preparing the relevant documents. By this stage, stage three, you have already decided whether you’re going to invest directly or in a regional centre.
4. This is the I5-26 which we prepare for you with our US attorney. This document deals with the source of your funds, so where your funds are coming from, and it also deals with the project you propose to invest in. Now I mentioned there are different kinds of EB-5 projects.
5. So if you’re exemplar approved, USCIS has already approved the project and does not need to look at it again in the application process. This also gives you some level of reassurance because you can be confident that one aspect of your application has already, in effect, been granted.
6. And this is the process of USCIS doing their due diligence on you to ensure that the funds you’re going to be investing are not the proceeds of crime and not the outcome of a money laundering exercise, and that they come from a legitimate source. This may be the result of a property sold by you or invoices from your business or other earnings.
7. The next stage, stage seven, is that the I5-26 is approved. Now at this point you will need to have placed your funds in escrow in an account where those funds are only released if your application is approved.
8. We now come to stage eight. Although your petition has been granted, you still need to be interviewed. The purpose of the interview is, among other things, to ensure that you have, for example, no extreme beliefs etc. And at that point your conditional Green Card is issued to you.
9. The conditional Green Card is granted and lasts for two years. The main conditions are that you create and maintain 10 jobs and that your capital that’s been invested, remains at risk. In other words, it hasn’t been parked in a bank account or in some form of security. It was used to construct the project.
10. The last stage, stage 10, is two years later. At which point you can apply for your Green Card. So those are the 10 steps you need to take to make a successful application under the EB-5 route.
I work with an external US Attorney and do not advise personally (nor am I qualified to advise personally) on US immigration law. The briefing in this video provides a brief overview only and is not a substitute for legal or tax advice on EB5 visa for business. Expert, tailored legal, commercial, immigration and tax advice should be taken which takes into account your particular circumstances. Please contact me for a consultation with me and my US Attorney if you wish to be advised.
The videos on my channel, including this video on Investor visa to green card, have been prepared for information purposes only. Any views expressed, or comments made on the law, commentary or note in my videos are not necessarily the opinions of anyone other than me. I produce update videos on a regular basis and make every reasonable effort to make the information and commentary accurate and up to date at the time that the video is produced, but no responsibility for its accuracy and correctness, or for any consequences of relying on it, is assumed. The information and commentary does not, and is not intended to, amount to legal advice to any person on a specific case or matter. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal advice from a lawyer about your case or matter and not to rely on the information or comments in my videos.
If you wish to contact me about EB5 visa for an initial consultation, please email me. I am UK qualified and work with local authorised attorneys to assist clients.